Prep 10 mins
Cook 32 mins
"Energy Density": .40
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups peeled diced potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- Saute the onions and celery in butter for 5 minutes, add potatoes and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add bay leaf and broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, blend 2 cups and return.
- Add tomatoes corn and milk and simmer for 5 minutes, season.
- Serve with parsley.
I was going to post this, but the preliminary search showed it had already been posted, so, thanks! The original source is "The Volumetrics Eating Plan" , by Dr. Barbara Rolls.