Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this on another site. Looks good, and easy to do. Best of all it's a casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350% (175 C.) Place bacon in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat til crisp and browned.
- Drain,and crumble.
- Melt butter in skllet, add corn and cook for about 5 min.
- stirring constantly.
- Add bacon and salt, remove from heat.
- Spread layer of corn mix.
- into the bottom of a 2-quart casserole, then the tomatoes.
- Repeat layers ending with tomatoes.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 30 minutes.
I thought this was great. I shortened it by simply putting the corn, bacon and tomatoes in a casserole and not bothering to cook the corn before hand. Assembled it in the am and popped it in the oven just before dinner. Presto. . . instant veggie dish. Thanks Myrna 2 Update May 26,2007. I've made this several time now and it has always worked well. I especially like dishes that can be done ahead and cooked when needed as this one!! I'm sure I'll be doing it quite a few more times too.
Very nice recipe. BF made this for supper last night, omitted butter entirely, added some chick peas and used Morningstar Farms vegetarian bacon instead of regular (need I explain; we're vegetarians on a low-fat diet but not on a South Beach diet):D Quick and easy too, even though he did cook corn and chick peas (an ingredient he added) before hand (in non-stick skillet).
Delicious recipe. Very easy to make. I omitted the butter to lessen the fat. This has become one of my favorite recipes.