Recipe by Myrna 2
Found this on another site. Looks good, and easy to do. Best of all it's a casserole.
Top Review by Tebo
I thought this was great. I shortened it by simply putting the corn, bacon and tomatoes in a casserole and not bothering to cook the corn before hand. Assembled it in the am and popped it in the oven just before dinner. Presto. . . instant veggie dish. Thanks Myrna 2 Update May 26,2007. I've made this several time now and it has always worked well. I especially like dishes that can be done ahead and cooked when needed as this one!! I'm sure I'll be doing it quite a few more times too.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350% (175 C.) Place bacon in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat til crisp and browned.
- Drain,and crumble.
- Melt butter in skllet, add corn and cook for about 5 min.
- stirring constantly.
- Add bacon and salt, remove from heat.
- Spread layer of corn mix.
- into the bottom of a 2-quart casserole, then the tomatoes.
- Repeat layers ending with tomatoes.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 30 minutes.