Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was greatfully lifted from Better Homes and Gardens' Fresh and Simple Vegetable Dinners cookbook(let). Although the original recipe didn't call for it, I like using the optional lemon pepper.
- 3 tablespoons dried tomatoes, snipped (not oil-packed)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 4 cups English muffins, torn or 4 cups dry French bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (or hot pepper cheese)
- 1 tomato, cut into thin wedges (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In small bowl, put dried tomatoes in enough hot water to cover.
- Let stand 15 minutes or until softened, then drain.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk & basil, then set aside.
- In ungreased 2-quart square baking dish toss together the pieces of English muffins, corn, cheese & softened tomatoes.
- Carefully pour egg mixture evenly over muffin mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, then serve pudding spooned on top of tomato wedges.