Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was greatfully lifted from Better Homes and Gardens' Fresh and Simple Vegetable Dinners cookbook(let). Although the original recipe didn't call for it, I like using the optional lemon pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons dried tomatoes, snipped (not oil-packed)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 4 cups English muffins, torn or 4 cups dry French bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (or hot pepper cheese)
- 1 tomato, cut into thin wedges (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In small bowl, put dried tomatoes in enough hot water to cover.
- 3Let stand 15 minutes or until softened, then drain.
- 4Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk & basil, then set aside.
- 5In ungreased 2-quart square baking dish toss together the pieces of English muffins, corn, cheese & softened tomatoes.
- 6Carefully pour egg mixture evenly over muffin mixture.
- 7Bake about 30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 8Cool slightly, then serve pudding spooned on top of tomato wedges.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Tomato Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.4
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 147.1 mg
- Sodium 238.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese