Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a recipe by dramstad on allrecipes.com. I reduced the amount of chile pepper (because I'm a wimp). Serve cold with tortilla chips.
- 4 ears fresh corn (or 3 cups kernels)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb tomatillo, husked cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a wide mixing bowl, stand a small soup bowl (a paper or plastic bowl is perfect) upside down. Resting the end of the ear of corn on the small bowl, shave the corn kernels off the ear into the mixing bowl. Turn ear and continue shaving until ear is completely denuded of kernels. Repeat with remaining ears.
- In a large skillet, combine the corn kernels and jalapeno peppers. Cook and stir for 10 minutes, until the jalapenos are soft.
- Add the tomatillos, green bell peppers, green onions, lime juice, water and coriander to skillet. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro. Allow the mixture to cool in the refrigerator.