Prep 6 mins
Cook 7 mins
This was int Cooking Light magazine. An easy light lunch to take.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 inches corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup fresh corn or 1⁄3 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- Pour oil into one side of tortilla. Place second tortilla over oiled side of first tortilla and rub tortillas together to spread oil evenly over both tortillas.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add corn, cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Place corn in a bowl.
- Add onion, sun-dried tomato, salt and pepper to pan, saute 1 minute.
- Add to the corn mixture.
- Place one tortilla, oiled side down in hot skillet. Sprinkle 2 Tbs cheese over tortilla, top with corn mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, top with remaining tortilla, oiled side up.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side, or until cheese melts and tortilla is crisp.
- Cut into 4 wedges.
I'm sorry, but this didn't go over so well with my family. I'd try it again, but maybe on flour tortillas, as that's what they're used to for quesadillas; although I think I've read that the corn tortillas are authentic. I'd kick them up with some spice as well, as least for myself, the boys like mild. We did enjoy the corn/tomato combination. I couldn't find smoked mozzarella and used regular, so that may have been part of the problem. Thanks for posting.