Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Have a hearty soup on the table in under 20 minutes. Delicious and very easy to prepare...even easier if using pre-cooked shrimp. For variety, add one can crabmeat when you add the shrimp. Optional asparagus adds a little color and great taste!
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon very low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules or 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups small shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry (not cooking sherry)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 5 cooked asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Devein, wash and rinse shrimp.
- If shrimp are very large, cut them in half lengthwise. (This will make them curl nicely when boiled.) Drop shrimp into boiling water and cook just until they turn pink; drain. Do not overcook.
- In a large pot lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute onions and garlic just until onions are translucent, but not browned.
- Add chicken broth, water, basil, chicken granules, and pepper. If using asparagus spears, add them now. Stir and heat mixture until almost boiling.
- Add corn, shrimp and sherry; stir to mix well, and heat 1 minute.