Have a hearty soup on the table in under 20 minutes. Delicious and very easy to prepare...even easier if using pre-cooked shrimp. For variety, add one can crabmeat when you add the shrimp. Optional asparagus adds a little color and great taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon very low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules or 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups small shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (not cooking sherry)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 5 cooked asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1Devein, wash and rinse shrimp.
- 2If shrimp are very large, cut them in half lengthwise. (This will make them curl nicely when boiled.) Drop shrimp into boiling water and cook just until they turn pink; drain. Do not overcook.
- 3In a large pot lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute onions and garlic just until onions are translucent, but not browned.
- 4Add chicken broth, water, basil, chicken granules, and pepper. If using asparagus spears, add them now. Stir and heat mixture until almost boiling.
- 5Add corn, shrimp and sherry; stir to mix well, and heat 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Shrimp Soup (Low-Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 773.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules