Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was doing a project on cajun and creole food, so I invested in some help from Susan Merrick who owns and operates cajun-country-foods.com. She helped me out with these recipes!! So I want to thank her!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 3 -4 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 2 -3 lbs shrimp, cleaned
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's cream of shrimp soup
- 2 (8 3/4 ounce) cansof del monte's cream-style corn
- 2 (11 ounce) cansof del monte's summer crisp corn
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 dash salt
- pepper, to taste
- red pepper, to taste
- Cook the first 6 ingredients on low to medium heat until soft and wilted.
- Add shrimp, cream of shrimp soup and 1 soup can of water (meaning after you pour the shrimp soup out of can fill can with water and add it to shrimp and shrimp soup). Cook about five minutes on low to medium heat, and add corn, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low to medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 pint half & half. Reheat. Try not to boil after adding half & half. Garnish with Parsley and green onions.
I do not use margarine.I used 1/2 canola oil and 1/2 butter.:-)Used 2 lbs. of shrimp and Fat Free Half& Half. Cajun seasoning instead of red pepper. Great company dish.