Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a lowfat, easy soup.
Make and share this Corn and Salmon Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can salmon, skin and bones removed,but liquid reserved
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can 2% evaporated milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream-style corn
- Melt margarine in a large pot.
- Saute onion, celery and garlic.
- Add potatoes, carrot, stock, water and pepper to pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add flaked salmon, reserved salmon liquid, milk and corn.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Adjust seasoning.
Easy, quick, and satisfying. I've made this soup two times, and it was excellent. I use oil to sautÃ© the vegetables. Used a full can of corn (15oz) and had no celery the second time, and the soup was still very good. It's a keeper! Thank you very much!