Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Southwestern soup with a rich creamy flavorful taste and a touch of nuttiness from the pine nuts.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen kernel corn
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- In a 3-qt.
- saucepan, cook bell pepper and onion in butter until tender.
- Add chicken broth, corn, and cumin, heating until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cover pan and simmer 20 minutes.
- Carefully puree soup in a blender or food processor and pour through a sieve into pan, pressing with a spoon or spatula to get all the soup; discard any pulp.
- Stir in sour cream until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper; check to taste.
- Reheat if necessary and serve in bowls garnished with toasted pine nuts.
I really liked this as a healthy summer take to work lunch. I did not bother to sieve it or add pine nuts, but it was very good!!
Yummy! It was very good! Thanks a lot!