Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so good they can become addicting!
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 ears corn, with kernels sliced off
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- oil, for frying
- salt, for garnishing
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Gently stir in egg, milk and melted butter.
- Use a potato masher to crush about 1/3 of corn kernels.
- Fold mashed kernels into batter along with the remaining whole kernels and diced pepper.
- Heat oil and spoon mixture by heaping tablespoon into hot oil.
- Cook for 2 minutes and turn to cook reverse side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and top a little sprinkle of salt.
I made these as directed and they were really good. It just needed something to spice things up, but that could be easily solved. Next time I may add some chopped onion, or cayenne pepper. Served with sour cream.