Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
As published in the winter 2007 edition of Raley's Something Extra magazine.
- 1 (16 ounce) jarprepared alfredo sauce
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- salt and pepper, to taste
- green onion, sliced (optional)
- cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except green onions and bacon, in a large saucepan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, process soup until fairly smooth, but some pieces of corn remain.
- Serve with a sprinkle of green onions and bacon.
very nice chowder. i was a bit hesitant making a soup with a jar of anything rather than making it homemade but it looked easy and had not been rated yet. glad i tried it. very easy to make, was done in super quick time, and tasted very good. followed recipe exactly but did not crumble bacon on top. i used bellino alfredo sauce and organic chicken stock. will be making this again. thanks for sharing this.