Recipe by Julie in SoCal
I messed around with a bunch of different potato soup recipes today and came up with this. Wanted to write it down so I can repeat it (I almost never cook anything the same way twice. How 'bout you?)
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, cut up bite sized
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1⁄2-1 cup bell pepper (fresh or frozen)
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice up potatoes, onions, and garlic and throw in large pot.
- Add chicken (or could use vegetable) stock and simmer till potatoes are almost cooked.
- Add corn and bell peppers and continue to simmer until all are cooked through.
- Just before serving, stir a large spoonful of sour cream into soup.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a sprinkling of grated cheese and bacon.