This is a simple recipe that I have often made with residents of the nursing home where I work. It relies on basic ingredients and simple prep work. We've always made it along with Broccoli Cornbread .(I've made that same cornbread for years, but someone else beat me to posting it here ;) )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped (We have subbed canned potatoes with success if we needed to cut down on cooking time.)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) soup cans milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1Dice and prep all ingredients as listed.
- 2Cook celery, potatoes, and onion in enough water to cover in a large saucepan until tender.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Heat to serving temperature, stirring frequently. Do not boil.
- 4(For a group cooking session, assign each person an ingredient, pass the pot around, and each person adds their ingredient and stirs it into the pot.).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 727.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g