Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple recipe that I have often made with residents of the nursing home where I work. It relies on basic ingredients and simple prep work. We've always made it along with Broccoli Cornbread .(I've made that same cornbread for years, but someone else beat me to posting it here ;) )
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped (We have subbed canned potatoes with success if we needed to cut down on cooking time.)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) soup cans milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Dice and prep all ingredients as listed.
- Cook celery, potatoes, and onion in enough water to cover in a large saucepan until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Heat to serving temperature, stirring frequently. Do not boil.
- (For a group cooking session, assign each person an ingredient, pass the pot around, and each person adds their ingredient and stirs it into the pot.).