Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fast and easy microwave soup. Most households will have the ingredients on hand. Use dried herbs instead of green onion and try yogurt or ordinary cream instead of sour cream
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- bay leaf
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- sour cream (to serve)
- Mix onion, potato, corn& bay leaf in large bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high 15 minutes.
- Add milk, salt& pepper, cover and microwave on high 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in hot stock.
- Puree in a processor or use a hand blender.
- Adjust seasonings, add green onions.
- Place in soup bowl and swirl in a little sour cream.
I made this soup on the stove-top, and made a couple minor changes: subbing green onion for yellow, adding salt, and garnishing with bacon. The simplicity of ingredients produced a lush soup with strong potato and corn flavors. Very enjoyable! I used my immersion blender to blend this right in the soup pot. Served with crunchy ciabatta rolls and seedless red grapes for a rustic, satisfying meal. Thanks for posting this!