Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
This is the only way I make corn chowder. It doesn't leave that awful skum around the pot like cooking it on the stove does, that you almost have to sandblast off. The bacon gives a wonderful flavour, and the two kinds of corn a nice consistency.
- In a 2-quart microwave safe casserole, place onion in the centre with bacon around the edges.
- Cover and cook at 100% power for 3 minutes, until onion is tender, stirring once.
- Arrange potatoes on top of bacon and onions.
- Cover and cook at 100% power for 6 minutes, stirring twice, until potatoes are tender.
- Let stand, still covered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in corn kernels, cream-style corn, and the milk.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat at 100% power for 3-4 minutes, or until hot, stirring occasionally.
Wonderful recipe! It certainly pleased my family and friends. Thank you for sharing. Sincerely, Jeannie Colbert
Delicious! Exactly what I was looking for. I did add a bit more milk and used onion powder instead of onion (b/c DH doesn't like them, boo!) It was perfect for a chilly Fall night.
Absolutely wonderful! Of course, like most people, we made a few alterations. #1. Cooked in sauce pan on stove top. #2. Added about 1/4 cup chopped celery. #3. Used 1 cup milk, 1 cup heavy cream. #4. Topped with chopped scallions. Definite keeper!!!