Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the only way I make corn chowder. It doesn't leave that awful skum around the pot like cooking it on the stove does, that you almost have to sandblast off. The bacon gives a wonderful flavour, and the two kinds of corn a nice consistency.
- In a 2-quart microwave safe casserole, place onion in the centre with bacon around the edges.
- Cover and cook at 100% power for 3 minutes, until onion is tender, stirring once.
- Arrange potatoes on top of bacon and onions.
- Cover and cook at 100% power for 6 minutes, stirring twice, until potatoes are tender.
- Let stand, still covered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in corn kernels, cream-style corn, and the milk.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat at 100% power for 3-4 minutes, or until hot, stirring occasionally.