1/1 Photo of Corn and Potato Chowder
1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe I created, from my cravings for a nice creamy soup, on a cold night. Pair it with a piece of crusty bread and a salad, and you have a meal. Enjoy! :) **Optional** You can vary the flavor by using 2 different cans of soup, (cheddar cheese, cream of potato, or cream of chicken soups) or use 2 of the same. The choice is yours. When I make this, I use 2 tablespoons of black pepper, but I gave the minimum amount, for those who don't like pepper much. Also, you can spice up the soup a little by adding a couple of dashes of hot sauce, or 1 diced jalepeño, when combining ingredients in the beginning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 248.05 g canned corn, drained
- 283.49 g can creamed corn
- 3-5 potatoes, peeled, parboiled, and diced
- 283.49 g can cheddar cheese soup
- 283.49 g can cream of potato soup
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 453.59 g can chicken broth
- 473.18 ml milk
- 59.16 ml butter
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4-6 slice bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 11. Cook frozen corn in microwave for a minute less than what the bag directions are; drain.
- 2(If you use canned corn, ignore this).
- 32. In a big pot, combine all of the ingredients, on medium heat. Stir occasionally to avoid scorching.
- 43. Continue to cook on medium heat, until it starts to boil. Once it begins to bubble, turn it on low, and simmer, covered, for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Serve with a piece of crusty bread and a salad. Enjoy!
- 6P.S.-I actually cooked this in a crock pot, on low, for 8 hours, so you can cook it either way. :) Also, don't be dismayed if it tastes very sweet, at first. The potatoes and the broth will absorb some of the sweetness. Also, don't be afraid that the soup will be "too cheesy". Surprisingly, it wasn't.
- 7*= you can use a combination of the listed soups, or use all of the same flavor.
- 8**Optional** For those that may need it "kicked up a notch", shake about 2-4 shakes of hot sauce, or 1 diced jalepeño, in the soup mixture, at the beginning, (this allows the flavor of the hot sauce or jalepeno to blend in with the other ingredients better).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.1
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.2 mg
- Sodium 1336.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 21.2 g