Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 18 ears sweet corn
- 1 quart chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 cup sugar
- 1 quart vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons turmeric (optional)
- Wash and rinse 6 (1-pint) jars; keep them hot.
- Prepare the lids as the manufacturer directs.
- Husk the corn and remove the silk.
- Cook the ears in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Cut the kernels from the cob and measure them.
- You should have 2 quarts of kernels.
- Combine the corn and all remaining ingredients in a large preserving kettle.
- Heat the corn to boiling over high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Ladle, while still boiling, into the hot jars to within 1/2-inch of each top.
- Wipe the tops and threads of the jars with a damp cloth.
- Put on the lids and screw bands as the manufacturer directs.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
I made this recipe it is great but I will add a little more sugar next time as it is a little vinagery