Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are sweet cornmeal muffins (not too sweet), with a cake-like texture. They'd be good with some currants or raisins added, too, I'd bet. I like them unadulterated and unadorned, though...I don't even think they need butter. I got this from "Enchanted Broccoli Forest," by the way.
- Preheat the oven 375°F Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In a separate container, beat together the remaining ingredients. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients, and stir just enough to combine thoroughly.
- Fill the muffin cups just up to the edge of the pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the pan right away, and cool on a rack for at least 10 minutes before eating.
So... I'm reading a novel, and the characters are having Molasses Corn muffins
with their coffee! So I had to have one. Was it a real thing? Yes, here it
was. And... they're delicious. Totally satisfied the craving. Good book, too. :)
(Robert B. Parker's Spare Change)
These muffins turned out exactly how I'd imagined them. They rose nicely with a peak on top and had a good structure inside. I only used 3 tbs. molasses (since mine was backstrap) and added the cinnamon. I added some grated carrot/raisins in some and my husband really liked those! This would be a great muffin to go with soups, stews, too. I got 12 muffins (as the recipe states). Thanks Aunt Cookie, for a delicious muffin with my morning tea. Roxygirl