Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this with lobster and shrimp, and it was quite good. I used half and half in place of whole milk and added a little dill too. I also added some creamed corn with the corn to make it creamier. Recipe courtesy of www.aboutseafood.com.
- 3 cooked lobster meat, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 3 cups all-natural chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine the corn, broth, carrots, potato, thyme, and bay leaf in a large saucepan or dutch oven and stir.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered until the potatoes are covered, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk together the milk and flour in a medium bowl until well blended.
- When potatoes are tender, stir in the milk mixture (re whisk if necessary), sherry, butter, and lobster meat.
- Bring the soup back to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Continue to simmer and stir gently until soup thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in individual bowls with a piece of crusty bread and a green salad on the side.