Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Bon Appetit, November 2001. This sounds good and easy.
Make and share this Corn and Lobster Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 113.39 g thick slab bacon (rind removed)
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 473.18 ml diced onions (1/4-inch)
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 4.92 ml sweet paprika
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 sprig fresh thyme
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 709.77 ml cooked fresh corn kernels
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 473.18 ml cooked lobsters, cut into 1/2-inch dice (fresh or frozen)
- 59.14 ml flat leaf parsley
- Cut bacon into small dice and place in a large pot over low heat.
- Cook, stirring, to render the fat, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add butter and let it melt.
- Add onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer.
- Simmer broth, bay leaves, and paprika in the pot for 5 minutes to flavor broth.
- Add potatoes and thyme; cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add half-and-half, corn, peppers, and scallions; cook 10 minutes.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add lobster and parsley just before serving hot.