From Bon Appetit, November 2001. This sounds good and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb thick slab bacon (rind removed)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups diced onions (1/4-inch)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 cups cooked fresh corn kernels
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked lobsters, cut into 1/2-inch dice (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1Cut bacon into small dice and place in a large pot over low heat.
- 2Cook, stirring, to render the fat, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Add butter and let it melt.
- 4Add onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 10 minutes.
- 5Add flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer.
- 6Simmer broth, bay leaves, and paprika in the pot for 5 minutes to flavor broth.
- 7Add potatoes and thyme; cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- 8Add half-and-half, corn, peppers, and scallions; cook 10 minutes.
- 9Season with the salt and pepper.
- 10Add lobster and parsley just before serving hot.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Lobster Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.6
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 520.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: