Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Bon Appetit, November 2001. This sounds good and easy.
- 1⁄4 lb thick slab bacon (rind removed)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups diced onions (1/4-inch)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 cups cooked fresh corn kernels
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked lobsters, cut into 1/2-inch dice (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley
- Cut bacon into small dice and place in a large pot over low heat.
- Cook, stirring, to render the fat, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add butter and let it melt.
- Add onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer.
- Simmer broth, bay leaves, and paprika in the pot for 5 minutes to flavor broth.
- Add potatoes and thyme; cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add half-and-half, corn, peppers, and scallions; cook 10 minutes.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add lobster and parsley just before serving hot.