Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma Cookbook.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a heavy saucepan whisk together cornstarch, sugar and pepper until blended and smooth. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk. Add corn, lima beans and shallots and stir to combine.
- Place over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and sauce has reduced by about half and coats the vegetables lightly (about 10 - 12 minutes).
- stir in parsley and serve or refrigerate (up to 2 days) and serve later.
- Can be reheated in a double boiler.