Recipe by Carianne
From the American Institute for Cancer Reasearch. Lentils are rich in the nutrients and phytochmeicals that fight against cancer! 4 WW points.
- 1 cup lentils, sorted,rinsed,and drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried grated orange zest
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pan, bring lentils and broth to a boil; reduce heat and simmer.
- Cover and cook 25- 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain lentils and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add corn (thawed), celery, parsley, and onion.
- Allow to cool.
- In small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, marjoram, and zest.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss lightly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.