Recipe by KelBel
Smokey, creamy, rich corn chowder with big chunks of kielbasa. From Everyday with Rachael Ray February 2007 Magazine.
- 8 ounces kielbasa, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 12 ounces baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 16 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a deep skillet or a wide 4- to 6-quart pot over medium-high heat. Add the kielbasa and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onions and butter to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add the broth and potato and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer until the potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half and corn and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree 1 cup chowder until smooth. Stir the puree back into the chowder along with the browned kielbasa and season to taste with salt and pepper.