Recipe by RuPei
This is my version of "Corn & Ham Soup". We don't add any cheese in it and I personally don't use cornstarch or flour as a thickener. Therefore it's healthier and lighter but it's still rich and delicious!!
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 236.59 ml ham, diced, quality was used
- 354.88 ml water
- 2 (481.94 g) can salt-free cream-style corn
- 248.05 g can whole kernel corn
- 1419.54-1656.13 ml milk
- 118.29 ml heavy cream, room temperature
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 4.92 ml salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil a little over medium heat. Sauté onion until transparent.
- Carefully add potato, ham and water until water just covers ingredients. Increase heat to high and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until potato becomes soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream style corn, whole kernel corn and milk. Cook until it turns steamy hot but not boiled.
- Stir in heavy cream and butter. Reduce heat to low and cook until soup turns thick, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt. Add some black pepper in soup bowl if desire.