Recipe by KathyP53
I found this in Womens' Day magazine and being the cheese grits fan that I am, had to try it. It's a keeper!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat a shallow 2 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Bring milk to a gentle boil in a 3 quart saucepan; slowly whisk in grits. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, 5-7 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in corn, 1 cup cheese, scallions, egg, salt, thyme, and pepper. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes more until set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.