Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've been making this for years. It's so quick, simple, and good.
- 24 ounces frozen chicken tamales (6 tamales) or 24 ounces beef tamales (6 tamales)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen white corn (unthawed) or 1 (10 ounce) package corn (unthawed)
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can salsa verde
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- avocado, wedges
- additional salsa verde (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place frozen tamales in microwave and cook on high until thawed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove husks.
- Cut tamales in half lengthwise.
- Place in single layer in 10-inch-diameter glass pie dish.
- Sprinkle with frozen corn, chilies, green onions and 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Whisk cream, salsa verde, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in medium bowl to blend.
- Drizzle over casserole.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top.
- Bake casserole until heated through and bubbling, about 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Serve with avocado and more salsa, if desired.