Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've been making this for years. It's so quick, simple, and good.
Make and share this Corn and Green Chili Tamale Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 24 ounces frozen chicken tamales (6 tamales) or 24 ounces beef tamales (6 tamales)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen white corn (unthawed) or 1 (10 ounce) package corn (unthawed)
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can salsa verde
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- avocado, wedges
- additional salsa verde (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place frozen tamales in microwave and cook on high until thawed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove husks.
- Cut tamales in half lengthwise.
- Place in single layer in 10-inch-diameter glass pie dish.
- Sprinkle with frozen corn, chilies, green onions and 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Whisk cream, salsa verde, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in medium bowl to blend.
- Drizzle over casserole.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top.
- Bake casserole until heated through and bubbling, about 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Serve with avocado and more salsa, if desired.