Recipe by Mamsy Dugal
Tried and tested. Simple recipe, delightful results. The green chilli adds an extra kick but you may omit it if not to your taste.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 medium green chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450* 15 minutes before baking.
- In a large bowl combine first 5 ingredients. Mix well.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in cheese, milk and green chili until just moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450* for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.