Recipe by KathyP53
I like my cheese dip hot! This creamy queso, full of flavorful ingredients, is great by the fire along side a cold Negro Medela! This is a variation of an Emeril recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup very finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until soft. Add corn and saute for 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in garlic, jalapenos, cheese, and cream. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into fondue or warming dish. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.