Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've posted this recipe for all the children who would just love to prepare this dish to treat you to a weekend brunch. I've left this recipe - from the Simply Great Meals website - in all its simplicity: four ingredients and three steps. And for those of you who have no child willing or available to pamper you, play with the recipe to your heart's content! Substitute the cheese for one more to your liking or for one that's actually in the fridge! Double the bacon! Add finely minced garlic and finely minced onion, a squeeze of lemon and lemon zest, and sprinkle your cooked pot with fresh parsley or basil! And if you're not overly fond of corn, toss that out and substitute it with thin slices of potato, sour cream, chopped baby spinach leaves or sliced mushrooms – or whatever! Most importantly, have fun with this recipe!
- 125 g edgell super sweet corn, drained
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons grated tasty cheese
- 1 slice bacon, finely shredded
- Divide the drained Edgell Super Sweet Corn Kernels between 4 x 1/2 cup greased soufflé pots.
- Break an egg into each pot and sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Place the pots onto a baking tray and bake them in a preheated oven at 200°C for 10 -15 minutes.
- TIP: Ideal served for breakfast and can be prepared the night before. Serve with toasted bread triangles.
Loved the sweet and salty contrast introduced by the bacon and corn in this simple dish. My one comment is one should really watch the time carefully. At 10 minutes, my eggs were a tad soft and just a mere three minutes later they were well done with a firm yolk. This might be ideal for kids but a little overdone for me. I saved my cheese until after cooking for 10 minutes so it was a bit soft and gooey. Thanks bluemoon.
Great simple little recipe. I made this for toddler DD using creamed corn & she really enjoyed it, even ate the egg and she won't normally. The simple things are always the best!