Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this recipe was found in Taste of Home: Heartwarming Soups, Nov/Dec 2009, but has been tweaked a bit.
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked, cartilage removed
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add broth, corn & potatoes & bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover & simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat & cool slightly.
- In a blender, puree half of the corn mixture, then return it to the saucepan.
- Stir in crab, milk & lemon pepper, then cook over low heat (but DO NOT BOIL) until heated through.