Recipe by dicentra
This comes from one of my Food and Wine cookbooks. They say to serve this with a chardonnay. You could also serve it with whatever wine you use in the soup. Pick a good one! Shrimp may be substituted for the crab. I want to try and adapt this into a backpacking recipe. YUM!
- 1 quart fresh corn kernels
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives or 1⁄3 cup scallion top, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine the corn kernels and 2 cups of the broth. Pulse to a coarse puree.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over moderately low heat. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn puree, the wine, the remaining 2 cups of broth, and the salt to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasional, until the corn is tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add the milk and bring to just a simmer. Stir in the crabmeat and chives.