Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml minced shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 473.18 ml frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 226.79 g fresh lump crabmeat
- vegetable oil
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add vegetables, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Lightly beat egg yolks; add buttermilk to egg yolks. Stir sauteed vegetables and buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. Fold in crabmeat.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold half of beaten egg white into crabmeat batter. Fold in remaining beaten egg white.
- Heat 2" oil to 375º.
- Shape 2 tablespoons batter into a fritter shape and drop into hot oil 4 or 5 at a time. Cook 3 minutes or until golden on all sides, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with Spicy Dipping Sauce.
I loved these because they were spicy. Really what not to love crab and corn! Thanks for posting.
this was delicious and easy - fed it to my family with a homemade tartar sauce. Loved It!!
Excellent!!! I chose to bake not fry them, so used muffin cups. Worked wonderfully well. The flavors are very good! I made the Spicy Dipping sauce, too. Delish!