My friend made this the other night as part of our dinner and I asked him for the recipe. Not only is it good it is a beautiful salad. Slightly spicy. It calls for fresh corn but I have made it with frozen with great results.
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 vidalia onions or 1 other sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chili, minced (optional)
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together curry powder, mustard and vinegar.Season with salt ad pepper. Whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil and set aside.
- Place couscous in a large bowl. Pour boiling water over and stir to combine. Cover with a plate, let steam until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and chili, stirring until softened. Add corn and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir corn mixture into couscous. Add curry vinaigrette and cilantro and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Did make a few changes here (personal preference showing through!) ~ I used just 3/4 teaspoon of curry & left out the optional red chili! We both enjoyed this corn/couscous combo very much & look forward to making it again! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]