1/1 Photo of Corn and Coriander Fritters
The great thing about corn fritters is that they are perfect anytime of the day. Have them at breakfast with a little wilted spinach, some bacon and roast tomatoes. Serve them at lunch with a salad of arugula, feta and salmon. Use them for dinner as the base to any seafood or chicken dish. When entertaining serve mini-fritters as a canape topped with a little smoked chicken and mango salsa. The options are endless and I trust that once you give this recipe a try, you will soon be adding to the list of endless possibilities. This recipe makes about 12 fritters so depending on what you are using them for adjust it accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 baby shallots, finely chopped (green onion)
- 1/2 onion (finely diced)
- 1 piece fresh ginger, finely chopped (approximately the size of half a wine cork)
- 1/3 bunch coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
- 1 red chili pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped (seeds can be left in if you like a little kick)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- flaked sea salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- 2Saute the onion and ginger in a little oil until soft and translucent.
- 3Place the flour, 1 cup of the corn kernels, onion, ginger, cumin, water and eggs into a food processor and process until well combined.
- 4Place mixture into a large mixing bowl and stir through the remaining corn, shallots, chilli, and coriander and season the mixture with sea salt and black pepper.
- 5In a non-stick fry pan place a little oil and set over high heat.
- 6Using a 30 ml (1 oz) ladle cook fritters 2 at a time, approx 1 minute per side or until golden.
- 7Transfer to an oven proof rack and tray and cook for a further 3-4 minutes in the oven.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Coriander Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 45.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: