Recipe by Kate in Katoomba
Excellent for brunch, breakfasts (with crispy bacon on the side) picnics or lunch boxes. No cooking on top of the stove, but in the oven. Do use the fresh corn cobs and not tinned as you'll really taste the difference.
- 2 ears corn, kernel removed
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 60 g cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 free range eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 -2 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn kernels, coriander, parsley and cheese in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin pans (one third cup/80ml capacity).
- Combine eggs and buttermilk in a large bowl and mix until frothy.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the corn mixture in the muffin pans and sprinkle the tops with the parmesan.
- Bake at 200C for 15 minutes until puffed and golden.