Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A great addition to a Kentucky Derby party or Easter dinner.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 1 1/2 quart quiche dish or pie plate.
- In a food processor, pulse 1/2 of corn until chopped coarse. In a bowl stir together chopped corn and remaining corn kernels and sprinkle with sugar and salt, stirring until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, cheese, vanilla seeds, butter, flour, and chives, and stir into corn until well combined.
- Pour pudding into quiche dish or pie plate and sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake pudding in middle of oven until center is just set, about 45 minutes. Garnish pudding with chives.