Recipe by looneytunesfan
There's something for every taste in this recipe. It would be great as a meal-in-one dish for a picnic or a reunion.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, divided
- 3 lbs chicken legs with thigh (about 8 pieces)
- 3 ears fresh corn, husked, cleaned and cut into thirds
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and cut into chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat, saute 2 of the garlic cloves in 2 tablespoons butter. Add the chicken and brown on both sides. Reduce heat. Add corn and water. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon tarragon, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add remaining garlic and tarragon; simmer for 3 minutes.
- Layer zucchini and tomatoes over the chicken mixture.
- Drizzle seasoned butter over all; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.