Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3 slices ham, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 lbs peeled and cubed potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt and pepper
- 6 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Put onion, ham, celery, chicken broth, water, and chicken tenderloins in 6 quart stock pot.
- With stock pot partially covered bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add corn, potatoes, milk, thyme, and pepper to pot, salt is optional.
- Simmer, uncovered until potatoes are tender.
- Cut chicken tenderloins into 1/2 inch pieces and return to stock pot.
- Thicken soup with cornstarch or flour, adding in 2 tablespoon increments and stirring.
- Once soup has reached desired thickness let simmer 5 minutes and then serve.