Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Don't let the word souffle scare you, it is not hard to make at all.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Lightly butter the bottom of a 2 quart souffle dish. Set aside.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat stirring constantly. gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add cheeses, stirring until melted.
- Stir in corn, garlic powder, and red pepper.
- Beat egg yolks at medium speed with an electric mixer until thick and pale.
- Stir into corn mixture.
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar; beat at high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into souffle mixture.
- Spoon into prepared dish.
- Bake at 350F for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Serve right away.