Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this on the Cabot web site.Or vary the flavor with Cabot Habanero Cheddar, Tomato Basil Cheddar or Smoky Bacon Cheddar.We have yet to try it but my friend made it and her family enjoyed it very much.Updated: 02/16/2009 - made this with Cabot's Smoky Bacon Cheddar and it was very filling and it was a full meal (at least for me) with a nice salad & just made muffins! ;)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped red peppers or 1 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated cabot sharp cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces) or 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Butter 2-quart casserole dish. (Alternatively, bake pudding in individual ramekins.).
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to casserole to cool slightly.
- In blender, combine corn and 1/4 cup of half-and-half.
- Process into thick puree, scraping down sides of container.
- Add remaining half-and-half, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Process until well combined.
- Stir cheese into pepper mixture in baking dish.
- Pour half-and-half mixture over top.
- Bake until pudding is set all the way to center (check with paring knife), 50 to 60 minutes. (If top of pudding is getting too brown, cover loosely with piece of foil).
- Serve immediately.