Recipe by SweetSueAl
From a Paula Deen E-Mail; it's on my list to try.
Top Review by breezermom
I really enjoyed this! Next time I will cut my squash in bigger pieces, or decrease the cooking time. I'll also decrease the amount of salt, although my bacon could have contributed to the salt content. This is a very nice butternut squash side dish that really doesn't take long to prepare, and is very colorful and tastey! Thanks for sharing.
- 2 slice bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 78.07 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml butternut squash, peeled and cubed (1/2-inch cubes)
- 236.59 ml frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 29.58 ml basil, chopped fresh
- 7.39 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Add onion, and cook 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in squash, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil, dry mustard, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped fresh basil, if desired.