1/1 Photo of Corn and Butternut Squash With Basil
From a Paula Deen E-Mail; it's on my list to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cubed (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped fresh
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chopped fresh basil
- 1In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- 2Add onion, and cook 2 minutes, or until tender.
- 3Stir in squash, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned and tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add corn; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in basil, dry mustard, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- 6Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped fresh basil, if desired.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Butternut Squash With Basil
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.5
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 777.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g