From a Paula Deen E-Mail; it's on my list to try.
Make and share this Corn and Butternut Squash With Basil recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Add onion, and cook 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in squash, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil, dry mustard, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped fresh basil, if desired.
I really enjoyed this! Next time I will cut my squash in bigger pieces, or decrease the cooking time. I'll also decrease the amount of salt, although my bacon could have contributed to the salt content. This is a very nice butternut squash side dish that really doesn't take long to prepare, and is very colorful and tastey! Thanks for sharing.
Sorry to be negative but this didn't work out well for us - it's too dry - there's no liquid in here at all. In the end we put it back in the frying pan with a large slug of sherry but it was still not a success - the squash didn't cook - we picked it today from our veg patch, maybe it was too young.