Prep 10 mins
Cook 33 mins
From Everyday Food. Only 8 Ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Add squash cubes and onion to hot oil. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Add corn and curry powder. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add salt and peppwer to taste.
- Add broth. Cook 25 minutes.
- Remove 1/2 of the soup. Blend until smooth. Recombine.
- Stir in cream and heat through but do not boil.