Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this in an old issue of Working Mother magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but I want to, so I'll record it before I lose it. If you try it, let me know what you think.
- 3 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 slices firm white bread, crusts removed, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly coat a 2 qt baking dish with oil or spray.
- If using fresh broccoli, steam till tender. Drain well, and pat dry.
- Heat 1 tbl oil in small skillet over medium to high heat. Add onions and scallions and cook until onion is soft, about 4 minutes.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Add in the onion mixture, scraping well. Add veggies, seasonings; mix well. Pour into baking dish.
- Heat remaining tbl oil in skillet. Add bread cubes and toss to coat well. Sprinkle evenly over corn mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center feels springy and appears set when you jiggle the dish. Let set for 15 minutes before serving.
This was a pretty good recipe. I liked the taste that the scallions gave it. Since I used frozen broccoli it was a little more moist then I would have liked so next time I think I have to really squeeze the liquid out better when I defrost it. I also added crushed durkee fried onions as a topping for crunch. I will make this again, though. It was a bit hit.