Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This colorful side dish features corn, black-eyed peas, green peppers, and red onions, simply dressed with Pace Chunky salsa. It tastes VERY similar to some black bean and corn salsas. IT DOES FREEZE AND DEFROST just fine. There may be some extra liquid but you can just pour that right out.
- 453.59 g bag frozen whole kernel corn, thawed (about 3 cups)
- 453.59 g can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large green pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 118.29 ml red onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 453.59 g jar chunky salsa
- MIX the corn, peas, green pepper, red onion and cilantro in a 2-qt. bowl.
- Stir the salsa into the corn mixture until well coated.
- COVER and refrigerate the salad for 4 hours Stir the salad before serving.
Excellent and easy to prepare! It has only 2 WW points for 1 cup. I do have a lot frozen for later. I used about 1/2 cup in a flatout wrap. See Low Fat Italian Chili Rellenos Wrap another great recipe by chef #207907. That's where I got the idea. You can use this over salad greens, in your tacos also would be great for a quick and tasty snack as is. Thanks for posting. :)
This is excellent,i for one love black eyed peas,even right out of the can,i fixed this and even my 6yr. Old grandbaby asked for more,this recipe is so good,i did give out copies of your recipe,dear,and I thank you for posting.