Recipe by JKiebler1
This is a little different interpretation of a corn and black bean salsa. I took it to a pool party and it just disappeared!
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small green peppers or 1 small banana pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and washed
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped (more if desired)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, cut into smaller than matchstick pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Seed and dice tomatoes and pepper and add to corn.
- Chop cilantro and add.
- Rinse, drain and add black beans.
- Dice ginger and add with garlic.
- In a separate bowl, add lime juice, honey and cumin. Whisk until mixed, add to salsa.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving, the longer the better.
- Serve with chips or as a side dish with fish or meat.