Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for pitch-ins!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (DO NOT DRAIN)
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 medium purple onion (diced)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Mix together and chill!
- Serve with Tortilla Chips.
this was a great, it will definitely become one of my standard dishes to bring to a party and to serve when i have people over. i served it as a side last night with recipe # 180496 and my husband had seconds of everything. can't wait for leftovers tonight.
I used only fresh tomatoes and had to sub dried parsley for the cilantro. It was still quite good. After tasting it I added another teaspoon of cumin and a bit more garlic. I'd love to try it with fresh parsley or cilantro.
I love chunky salsa with lots of things incorporated. The use of tomatoes with green chiles made the flavors of this one pop quite quickly, hand if you are short on time. What made this recipe different for me was the addition of the vinegar which added a good twang. (P.S. I did not include the olive oil and no one missed it.) Made for [b]PAC - Fall 2007[/b]