Recipe by lilkittykt
quick throw together for when you have company.
Top Review by CassiaDawn
Surprisingly good for being so simple! I substituted parsley for the cilantro (I can't STAND cilantro) and it came out great.<br/>I may cut back the onion a bit the next time, as I found the onion to be a bit overpowering (I may have just gotten a particularly strong onion though).
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, cooked and drained
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
- fresh parsley sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans, corn, red bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, oil and salt in a medium bowl, mix well.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and sliced jalapeno if desired.
- Serve at room temperature as a side dish, or over warm tortilla wedges as an appetizer.